Our award-winning team is seeking passionate, self-driven individuals to join us as we change the face of computer graphics through innovative art and profound technological advancements. Ziva is a space where the best and brightest can excel in their craft while being given the space to grow and the opportunity to cultivate their talents. The Ziva team is made of great minds and unique personalities who all share an appreciation for problem-solving, fast-paced collaboration, and ambitious ideas.
Ziva Dynamics is located in one of the world’s most liveable cities, Vancouver, Canada. Often termed ‘Hollywood of the North’, Vancouver has grown to become an internationally recognized hotbed for the visual effects and entertainment industries. We are proud to play an active role in our local community. Ziva strives to offer a work-life balance that lets everyone accomplish great things while enjoying everything this city has to offer. Ziva is currently accepting applications for in-house and remote roles, with priority given to those who can join us in person at Ziva HQ.
Ziva is looking for a Product Owner to join our growing team!
What you will do in this role:
- Own the short-term roadmap by transforming the high-level vision for the product into detailed requirements that meet customer needs
- Create actionable user stories for the development team
- Plan and prioritize the product feature backlog and development for the product
- Ensure that sprints are broken down into detailed user stories
- Work with UI/UX designer to develop a production-ready UI and experience
- Develop and maintain product documentation and support materials
- Participate in developing the product positioning and pricing
- Work with the stakeholders define, plan and coordinate releases
- Aid in the promotion, marketing, sales and deployment of the product
- Facilitate communication of requirements between customers and the development team
- Develop and facilitate a beta test program for the product to collect actionable feedback from customers to help improve the product
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years working in a software development environment, ideally with enterprise software or tools for the game or film industry
- Hold a BS or BA degree in engineering, computer science, or other technology
- Have experience working in an Agile workflow and have knowledge of Agile principles and practices
- Experienced at least one full software development lifecycle
- Be an outstanding communicator with strong presentation and leadership skills
- Possess sharp analytical and problem-solving skills no matter the challenge
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and have exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Be adaptable to changes and comfortable with task-switching, all while remaining exceptionally detail-oriented
- Motivate people to align around a common goal, all while advocating for what matters
You might be the person we are looking for if you:
- Have experience in a scaling start-up or in a high growth environment
- Have an interest in the game or film industry and/or experience working in these industries
- Have experience as an Agile product owner
- Have knowledge of computer science and computer graphics
- Demonstrate interest in contributing to product management practices and helping better how our product team can work collectively
Why Ziva Dynamics?
- Ziva’s employees embody Excellence, Collaboration, Courage, and Openness. We are looking for experts who are continuously striving to grow, improve, and learn.
- Each employee contributes to empowering creators with the tools to produce high-quality virtual characters in ANY digital form. You have the ability to make an impact in a real way.
- Flexibility to work remotely and co-locate in a newly renovated Vancouver office close to the skytrain and West Coast Express.
- Health and dental coverage, lifestyle spending account, generous vacation time including sick days and wellness days, upcoming stock options, and competitive compensation.