Our award-winning team is seeking passionate, self-driven individuals to join us as we change the face of computer graphics through innovative art and profound technological advancements. Ziva is a space where the best and brightest can excel in their craft while being given opportunities to grow and cultivate their talents. The Ziva team is made of great minds who all share an appreciation for problem-solving, fast-paced collaboration, and ambitious ideas.
Ziva Dynamics is located in one of the world’s most liveable cities, Vancouver, Canada. Often termed ‘Hollywood of the North’, Vancouver has grown to become an internationally recognized hotbed for the visual effects and entertainment industries. We are proud to play an active role in our local community. Ziva strives to offer a work-life balance that lets everyone accomplish great things while enjoying everything this city has to offer.
Ziva is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our team on a temporary basis. You will play a pivotal role in creating intuitive, accessible, and attractive standalone application and web experiences for the VFX and game graphics industries.. Preference for Vancouver based talent but open to remote.
This is a temporary three month contract with a possibility of extension.
What you will be doing:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with Product Owner and Technical Lead
- Illustrate design ideas using sitemaps, user stories and process flows
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Design UX/ UI at multiple touch points of the product’s timeline (for mobile and web)
- Deliver on UX vision, together with a plan for the product’s evolution that includes interactive updates
- Work closely with Engineering Team, delivering any necessary annotations/design specs
- Work closely with the marketing team as product requires
- Opportunity to do more traditional, fun design work for websites/portals/etc
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing user experiences and building products
- Experience working in a startup, tech company and/ or agile environment
- Familiarity of industry-standard design tools (Adobe, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Experience with version control (git) and CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Solid understanding of design best practices and current design frameworks
- Portfolio showing responsive websites (especially those featuring sign up and application user flows)
- Passion and creativity for human-centered approach to design
- Film, software and/ or gaming industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience designing consumer interfaces that involve data display to end-user a plus
- High energy, drive, and a passion for building great products
- Have a collaborative, team-focused working style
Please share your portfolio (including examples of user journeys, sitemaps, UI samples, design samples if not in portfolio) to email@example.com
Why Ziva Dynamics?
- Ziva’s employees embody Excellence, Collaboration, Courage, Openness. We are looking for experts in each role who are continuously striving to grow, improve, and learn.
- Each employee contributes to empowering creators with the tools to produce high-quality virtual characters in ANY digital form. You have the ability to make an impact in a real way.
- Flexibility to work remotely and co-locate in a newly renovated Vancouver office close to the Skytrain and West Coast Express.