Our award-winning team is seeking passionate, self-driven individuals to join us as we change the face of computer graphics through innovative art and profound technological advancements. Ziva is a space where the best and brightest can excel in their craft while being given the space to grow and the opportunity to cultivate their talents. The Ziva team is made of great minds and unique personalities who all share an appreciation for problem-solving, fast-paced collaboration, and ambitious ideas.
Ziva is looking to hire a well-rounded Character Technical Artist / TD.
This role will directly contribute to Ziva’s game and interactive technology projects. Qualified candidates must have 3+ years of proven production experience where they have applied their broad set of 3D skills to multiple high-end Computer Games. The ideal candidate has a collaborative team spirit, and a knowledge of 3D that includes modeling, character rigging, and animation is required, as well as a passion for creating amazing performant game characters and tools. Experience using game engines / SDKs such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Playstation SDK, in-house game and company engines
This role is to be performed remotely (online) from your place of residence, which can be anywhere in the world. There is no expectation of moving to Vancouver, Canada. North American or Oceanic/New Zealand time zones are preferred, but we will consider strong candidates from anywhere in the world.
- Character rigging, skinning, and engine setup in Unreal Engine, Unity and other game engines.
- Design and improve workflows for the creation and animation of performant computer game characters.
- Test new character technology developed by Ziva Dynamics on realistic production-level game characters.
- Work with internal and external character teams to create and improve technical requirements and best practices for rigged game assets.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the game industry with AAA experience a plus
- Experience using game engines / SDKs such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Playstation SDK, in-house game and company engines
- High level of proficiency creating dynamic, flexible, and performant 3D character rigs
- Advanced knowledge of Maya
- Ability to script in Python a plus
- Modeling, texturing, lighting and rendering experience a plus
- Strong demo reel of dynamic character rigs and performant runtime characters
- Character TD, Rigger, Tech Artist, or equivalent on at least one shipped game
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques and challenges
- Excellent artistic sensibilities
- Basic comfort with the more technical aspects of CG work
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Positive attitude and a desire to attain excellence
- A willingness to learn and grow while on the job
Why Ziva Dynamics?
- Ziva’s employees embody Excellence, Collaboration, Courage, and Openness. We are looking for experts who are continuously striving to grow, improve, and learn.
- Each employee contributes to empowering creators with the tools to produce high-quality virtual characters in ANY digital form. You have the ability to make an impact in a real way.
- Health and dental coverage, lifestyle spending account, generous vacation time including sick days and wellness days, upcoming stock options, and competitive compensation.