Our award-winning team is seeking passionate, self-driven individuals to join us as we change the face of computer graphics through innovative art and profound technological advancements. Ziva is a space where the best and brightest can excel in their craft while being given the space to grow and the opportunity to cultivate their talents. The Ziva team is made of great minds and unique personalities who all share an appreciation for problem-solving, fast-paced collaboration, and ambitious ideas.
Ziva Dynamics is located in one of the world’s most liveable cities, Vancouver, Canada. Often termed ‘Hollywood of the North’, Vancouver has grown to become an internationally recognized hotbed for the visual effects and entertainment industries. We are proud to play an active role in our local community. Ziva strives to offer a work-life balance that lets everyone accomplish great things while enjoying everything this city has to offer. Ziva is currently accepting applications for in-house roles, with priority given to those who can join us in person at Ziva HQ.
Working under the director of the VP of Production you will be overseeing the day to day technical and creative aspects of production working in collaboration with the Director of Production, Producer(s), Animation Supervisor, and other creative and technical team members.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting and supervising creative team in achieving the artistic goals of the production
- Assisting in all technical aspects of production including look dev, lighting, animation and VFX
- Demonstrating excellence in communication, collaboration, and time management
- Overseeing technical solutions and providing feedback to the production team and leadership
- Leading the TD Generalists TDs) in problem-solving on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring production timelines are met by working closely with the Director of Production, Producer, VP of Production, and Animation Supervisor
- Demonstrating an ability to stay focused on the day to day details while having a full understanding of the production requirements and goals
- Focus on continuous improvements of every aspect to the production process including pipeline development
What you have:
- 5+ years as a CG Supervisor in VFX
- Demonstrated understanding of all technical and creative aspects to the production
- Experience with Maya, Houdini, Shotgun
- Creative collaboration with a local and international production team
- Exceptional time management skills
- Complete understanding of realistic 3D production and pipelines
- Ability to mentor and coach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Focus on the creative and technical quality of production work
Why Ziva Dynamics?
- Ziva’s employees embody Excellence, Collaboration, Courage, Openness. We are looking for experts in each role who are continuously striving to grow, improve, and learn.
- Each employee contributes to empowering creators with the tools to produce high-quality virtual characters in ANY digital form. You have the ability to make an impact in a real way.
- Flexibility to work remotely and co-locate in a newly renovated Vancouver office close to the Skytrain and West Coast Express.
- Health and dental coverage, vacation time, upcoming stock options, and competitive compensation.
Preference will be given to candidates based in Vancouver (and surrounding areas) who are Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents.